2. The Basics of SQL for Analytics
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of SQL
- Analyze how SQL can be used in an analytics workflow
- Apply the basics of a SQL database
- Perform operations to create, read, update, and delete a table
In this chapter, we will cover how SQL is used in data analytics. Then, we will learn the basics of SQL databases and perform CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations on a table.
In Chapter 1, Understanding and Describing Data, we discussed analytics and how we can use data to obtain valuable information. While we could, in theory, analyze all data by hand, computers are far better at the task and are certainly the preferred tool for ...