4. Aggregate Functions for Data Analysis
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Explain the conceptual logic of aggregation
- Identify the common SQL aggregate functions
- Use the GROUP BY clause to aggregate and combine groups of data for analysis
- Use the HAVING clause to filter aggregates
- Use aggregate functions to clean data and examine data quality
In this chapter, we will cover SQL's aggregate functions, which are powerful functions for summarizing data.
In the previous chapter, we discussed how to use SQL to prepare datasets for analysis. Once the data is prepared, the next step is to analyze the data. Generally, data scientists and analytics professionals will try to understand the data ...