6+ Hours of Video Instruction
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-768: Developing SQL Data Models and develop practical Business Intelligence (BI) skills with more than 6 hours of video instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) provides a robust semantic environment for modeling data in support of analytic and ad hoc reporting needs. With each release of SQL Server, SSAS functionality is enhanced, with tabular models in particular becoming more capable and fully featured.
In this video, Scot Reagin couples discussion with demonstration to give you not just an understanding of the functional differences between multidimensional and tabular models, but also the context to understand where and why each should be implemented.
In addition to a comprehensive discussion of design and implementation topics, Scot covers techniques for developing queries using multidimensional and data analysis expressions, optimizing processing and query performance, and configuring and maintaining SSAS.
About the Instructor
Scot Reagin has a technology career that spans the entire history of what we now think of as Business Intelligence. Starting with software he developed for mini-computers in the early 1980s to the first Cube technologies of the 1990s and Self-Service BI and contemporary Predictive Analytics, Scot has consistently designed, developed, and delivered solutions for organizations across the evolving BI marketplace.
Scot is a TDWI Certified Business Intelligence Professional and Board Member of the Colorado Data Warehouse Institute. He is also a Certified Data Vault Data Modeler and active member of the Genesee Academy.
- Design a multidimensional semantic model
- Design a tabular semantic model
- Develop queries using MDX and DAX
- Configure and maintain SSAS
- IT professionals responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, or administering SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- BI developers pursuing Microsoft Certification
- Basic understanding of relational databases and SQL queries
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server client tools
Lesson 1, Designing a Multidimensional Semantic Model, covers building a multidimensional semantic model‚Äîa Cube. Create the fundamental components for the model, dimensions, and measures as a project and deploy this to Analysis Service.
Lesson 2, Designing a Tabular Semantic Model, demonstrates how to build and deploy tabular models while exploring security and refresh options.
Lesson 3, Developing Queries Using MDX and DAX, covers developing queries and expressions using MDX and DAX. Understanding these query languages is essential to optimizing Analysis Services models‚Äîwhether multidimensional or tabular.
Lesson 4, Configuring and Maintaining SSAS, looks at ways to monitor and configure Analysis Services for best performance.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- SQL Server 70-768: Introduction 00:03:23
- Lesson 1: Designing a Multidimensional Semantic Model
Lesson 2: Designing a Tabular Semantic Model
- Learning objectives 00:00:56
- 2.1 Create a tabular model 00:16:26
- 2.2 Deploy and process a tabular model 00:19:12
- 2.3 Configure tabular model storage and refresh settings 00:15:14
- 2.4 Configure user and data security 00:10:52
Lesson 3: Developing Queries Using MDX and DAX
- Learning objectives 00:01:17
- 3.1 Understand MDX fundamentals 00:19:48
- 3.2 Use MDX calculated members and sets 00:25:30
- 3.3 Use MDX functions 00:16:56
- 3.4 Use the SCOPE statement 00:11:16
- 3.5 Create MDX solutions 00:06:06
- 3.6 Use the EVALUATE and CALCULATE functions 00:10:00
- 3.7 Create calculated measures 00:10:36
- 3.8 Perform data analysis with DAX 00:08:10
Lesson 4: Configuring and Maintaining SSAS
- Learning objectives 00:01:08
- 4.1 Plan and deploy SSAS 00:19:57
- 4.2 Monitor performance 00:12:18
- 4.3 Identify bottlenecks and improve performance 00:08:11
- 4.4 Configure limits and model design 00:10:48
- 4.5 Configure partition processing 00:23:20
- 4.6 Configure dimension processing 00:11:33
- 4.7 Create KPIs in cubes 00:18:58
- 4.8 Create KPIs in tabular models 00:08:25
- 4.9 Create actions 00:13:23
- 4.10 Create translations 00:10:18
- SQL Server 70-768: Summary 00:01:39
- Title: SQL Server 70-768: Developing SQL Data Models
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 0134840909
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
SQL Server 70-761: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
Nearly 13 Hours of Expert Video Instruction Overview This complete video course guides you hands-on through …
SQL Server 70-767: Implementing a Data Warehouse Using SQL
8+ Hours of Video Instruction Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-767: Implementing a Data Warehouse Using SQL, …
Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Integration Services (SSIS): Getting Started with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Using SSIS
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Get up and running in designing, and implementing ETL solutions using …