Nearly 4 Hours of Video Instruction
Everything you need to know in order to implement and work with SQL Server Replication!
Replication is a common method of moving from one SQL Server to another. It enables moving data to a reporting server, creating a basic failover site, providing data to development environments, and addresses many other issues. Most DBAs have or will encounter Replication when working with SQL server. The Replication system is large enough that it is often difficult to master without some form of training. SQL Server Replication Fundamentals LiveLessons provides the information needed in order to work with replication.
Every SQL Server Admin in the market needs to understand Replication in order to do their jobs. Individuals in the accidental DBA category who find Replication installed on their system, also need to understand how to use it. This LiveLesson covers all the basic building blocks of Replication. Expert Eric Johnson begins with a basic overview of the components and terms and progress into advanced configuration and troubleshooting. There is a lot to learn in order to use Replication correctly. The configuration is very visual and often more easily explained with this medium than any other delivery mechanism. This LiveLesson uses the most current version of SQL Server, but almost all the content can be applied to SQL Server versions as far back as 2005, and in some cases, even older versions of SQL Server.
About the Instructor
Eric Johnson (MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, CCNP) is a co-founder of Consortio Services, and the primary Database Technologies Consultant. His background in information technology is diverse, ranging from operating systems and hardware to specialized applications and development. He has even done his fair share of work on networks. Since IT is really just a way to support business processes, he has also acquired his MBA. All in all, he has 10 years of experience with IT, a great amount of which has been working with Microsoft SQL Server. Eric has managed and designed databases of all shapes and sizes. He has delivered numerous SQL Server training classes and webcasts as well as presentations at national technology conferences. Most recently, he presented at TechMentor on SQL Server 2005 Replication, Reporting Services, and Integration Services. He also does a good deal of writing, including the recent four-part series, Tour de SQL, published in Redmond magazine. In addition, he is active in the local SQL Server community, serving as the president of the Colorado Springs SQL Server Users' Group.
Beginner to Intermediate
What You Will Learn
- Help admins understand replication so they are able to configure and administer it in their environments.
- Teach crucial replication topics like troubleshooting, transactional publications, and monitoring.
- Provide the basic knowledge needed to be able to select an appropriate replication topology to solve the problem at hand.
- Give detailed knowledge of the parts of replication so that they may customize the configuration for their needs.
- Offer the ability to identify the type of replication in use and make the correct decisions regarding the administration of the servers running replication.
- SQL Server admins
- SQL Server developers
- Any developer, Administrator, or DBA that has to work with SQL Server
- Some familiarity with SQL Server
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, VMware Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more. View All LiveLessons at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Overview of SQL Server Replication
- Lesson 2: Configuring Replication
- Lesson 3: Working with Snapshot Replication
Lesson 4: Working with Transactional Replication
- Learning Objectives 00:00:43
- 4.1 Configure Transactional Replication 00:13:36
- 4.2 Create Subscriptions 00:12:45
- 4.3 Synchronize Transactional Subscriptions 00:10:25
- 4.4 Modify Publications 00:06:54
- 4.5 Understand Replication Stored Procedures 00:06:39
- 4.6 Configure Distribution Agent Profiles 00:04:08
- Lesson 5: Working with Merge Replication
- Lesson 6: Working with Peer-to-Peer
- Lesson 7: Special Considerations for Replication
- Lesson 8: Configuring Replication Security
- Lesson 9: Troubleshooting and Monitoring Replication
- Title: SQL Server Replication Fundamentals LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Release date: April 2015
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780134133133