A comprehensive guide to financial planning and venture fundraising for tech entrepreneurs
As technology progresses, impacting our daily lives in more and greater ways, technology start-ups come and go at a dizzying pace. There are plenty of opportunities out there for anyone with a great idea, but it takes much more than a great idea to make your tech start-up a success. In addition to creativity and new ideas, being a successful tech entrepreneur requires strategic decision-making in terms of business planning, financial planning, negotiations, and corporate governance.
This book serves as a thought-provoking guide that helps tech entrepreneurs avoid the dangers inherent in business start-ups in general and the treacherous realm of venture capital in particular. This book is the ideal reference for anyone who wants to overcome the challenges of running a start-up from incubation to exit.
Excellent advice for tech entrepreneurs written in layman's terms
Written by an author with more than fifteen years of experience as a founder and co-founder of tech start-ups in the U.S. and Asia
Designed to fill the role of an experienced mentor for tech entrepreneurs
For first-time founders of tech start-ups requiring venture capital, Start-Up Guide for the Technopreneur is the perfect resource.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Finance for Start-Ups 101
- Chapter 2: Know Your Investors
- Chapter 3: Business Planning from a Strategic Financial Perspective
- Chapter 4: Financial Planning for Maximizing Returns
- Chapter 5: Successful Fundraising
- Chapter 6: Becoming a Formidable Negotiator
- Chapter 7: Establishing an Investment-Grade Organization
- Chapter 8: Financial Decision Making for Optimal Performance
- Appendix A: Sample Financial Plan
- Appendix B: Sample Funding Proposal
- Appendix C: Dictums of Entrepreneurial Finance
- About the Author
- About the Website
- Title: Start-Up Guide for the Technopreneur: Financial Planning, Decision Making and Negotiating from Incubation to Exit, + Website
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118518472
You might also like
Startup, Scaleup, Screwup.
Real-world tools to build your venture, grow your business, and avoid mistakes Startup, Scaleup, Screwup is …
The Ultimate Start-Up Guide
Most start-ups fail. And they die remarkably young: The typical start-up lasts 20 months and burns …
The Art of Startup Fundraising
Startup money is moving online, and this guide shows you how it works. The Art of …
Venture Deals, 4th Edition
Help take your startup to the next step with the new and revised edition of the …