Static websites today are just like vinyl LPs: they’re coming back. Though they’ve been held up to ridicule for years now, static websites still fulfill a vital need for bloggers and those people who just want to disseminate information. With this O’Reilly report, you’ll investigate static site generators, new engines that simplify the once-tedious process of building and deploying these basic sites.
Brian Rinaldi, Content and Community Manager at Telerik, explains how static site generators work, the benefits you can expect, and what options are available. Basic characteristics of a static site include:
- Static site files are delivered to the end user exactly as they are on the server
- There is no server-side language
- There is no database
Once you complete this brief report, you’ll come to understand what a static site is (and isn’t), as well as how to evaluate whether a static site generator is a workable solution for your project.
Table of contents
- 1. What Are Static Sites?
2. The Basics of Static Site Generators
- What Are Static Site Generators?
- What Skills Are Required for Static Site Development?
- What Types of Sites Are Static Site Generators Useful for?
- 3. Popular Static Site Generator Options
- 4. Deploying a Static Site
- Title: Static Site Generators
- Release date: September 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491926611
You might also like
Working with Static Sites
Just like vinyl LPs, static sites are making a comeback, evidenced by the wide array of …
iLife '04: The Missing Manual
iLife '04: The Missing Manual gives you everything you need to unleash your creative genius with …
Jumpstart Jamstack Development
Leverage Jamstack principles, techniques, and best practices to build dynamic websites and web apps focused on …
Swarm Intelligence Algorithms (Two Volume Set)
Swarm intelligence algorithms are a form of nature-based optimization algorithms. Their main inspiration is the cooperative …