Statistical and Managerial Techniques for Six Sigma Methodology examines the methodology through illustrating the most widespread tool and techniques involved in Six Sigma application. Both managerial and statistical aspects of Six Sigma will be analyzed, allowing the reader to apply these tools in the field. This book offers an insight on variation and risk management, and focuses on the structure and organizational aspects of the Six Sigma projects. It covers six sigma methodology, basic managerial techniques, basic statistical techniques, methods for variation and risk management and advanced statistical techniques. Clear and practical examples and demonstrations are included throughout the book.
Packed with clear examples and case studies to illustrate the concepts and methodologies used in Six Sigma.
Looks at both managerial and statistical aspects of Six Sigma, covering both basic and more advanced statistical techniques.
Provides a chapter featuring case studies, equipping readers with the tools and techniques to apply methodology to real situations.
Suitable for adoption in all courses for Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt
Features a supporting website containing datasets
Well suited for Master level students in engineering and quality management, as well as MBA. Quality Managers, Consultants, and public and private companies implementing Six Sigma will also benefit greatly from the book.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Six Sigma Methodology
- Chapter 2: Basic Managerial Techniques
- Chapter 3: Basic Statistical Techniques
- Chapter 4: Advanced Managerial Techniques
- Chapter 5: Advanced Statistical Techniques
Chapter 6: Six Sigma Methodology in Action: Selected Black Belt Projects in Swedish Organisations
- 6.1 Resource Planning Improvement at SAAB Microwave Systems
- 6.2 Improving Capacity Planning of Available Beds: A Case Study for the Medical Wards at Sahlgrenska and Östra Hospitals
- 6.3 Controlling Variation in Play in Mast Production Process at ATLET
- 6.4 Optimising the Recognition and Treatment of Unexpectedly Worsening In-Patients at Kärnsjiukhuset, Skaraborg Hospital
- 6.5 Optimal Scheduling for Higher Efficiency and Minimal Losses in Warehouse at Structo Hydraulics AB
- 6.6 Reducing Welding Defect Rate for a Critical Component of an Aircraft Engine
- 6.7 Attacking a Problem of Low Capability in Final Machining for an Aircraft Engine Component at VAC—Volvo Aero Corporation
- Title: Statistical and Managerial Techniques for Six Sigma Methodology: Theory and Application
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470711835