Hypothesis Testing with One Population
In This Chapter
- Formulating the null and alternative hypotheses
- Distinguishing between a one-tail and two-tail hypothesis test
- Testing the mean of a population when the population standard deviation is known and when it is unknown
- Examining the role of alpha (α) in hypothesis testing
- Using the p-value to test a hypothesis
- Testing the proportion of a population using a large sample
Now that we know how to make an estimate of a population parameter, such as a mean, using a sample and a confidence interval, let’s move on to the heart and soul of inferential statistics: hypothesis testing.
One thing ...