STATISTICS AND EXCEL
• Understand how this book differs from other statistics texts
• Understand how knowledge of statistics may be beneficial to health policy or health administration professionals
• Understand the “big picture” with regard to the use of statistics for health policy and administration
• Understand the definitions of the following terms:
• Populations and samples
• Random and nonrandom samples
• Types of random samples
• Variables, Independent and Dependent
Statistics is a subject that for many people is pure tedium. For others, it is more likely to be anathema. Still others find statistics interesting, even stimulating, but they are usually in the minority in any group.
This book is premised on the recognition ...