EXCEL AS A STATISTICAL TOOL
• Understand and use the basic functions of an Excel spreadsheet
• Understand and create a graph in Excel
• Understand and perform data and data string sorting and frequency calculation functions
• Understand the functions associated with Excel’s Data Analysis Pack and understand when the Data Analysis Pack should be “added in”
• Understand Excel’s dollar sign ($) convention and its use
Many people have used Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for financial management, for budget keeping, or for maintaining lists, but not as a statistical tool. Excel has powerful statistical capabilities, and this book uses these statistical capabilities for examples and for problem sets. But to ensure that the user ...