MEASURES OF CENTRAL TENDENCY AND DISPERSION:DATA DISTRIBUTIONS
• Understand the definitions and concepts associated with central tendency
• Understand measures of dispersion
• Understand the ways in which data is distributed over its range of values (frequency distribution)
• Understand the sampling distribution of the mean
• Understand the mean and standard deviation of a discrete numerical variable
• Understand the concepts associated with the distribution of a proportion
There are three related, but quite different, uses of statistics. The first of these uses is descriptive. In a descriptive context, statistics are used to characterize either a total population or a sample from that population, but they go no further ...