CONFIDENCE LIMITS AND HYPOTHESIS TESTING
• Understand the definition of confidence intervals and confidence limits
• Understand how to calculate confidence limits for multiple samples and the AND() functions
• Understand the concepts associated with hypothesis testing
• Understand and define the types of errors that can be committed when hypothesis testing
• Understand the processes associated with determining and selecting sample sizes
One of the most important functions of statistics, and the one to which the remainder of this book is devoted, is the determination of whether two variables could be considered to be independent of each other. This is a determination that is made on a sample of observations but is understood ...