t TESTS FOR RELATED AND UNRELATED DATA
• Understand the definition of the t test
• Understand the shape of the t distribution, one-tail and two-tail tests, and how the results of a t test can relate to Type I and Type II errors
• Understand and use the t test for comparing two groups and unequal sample sizes
• Understand the concepts associated with equal variance (F test) and unequal variance
• Understand how to enable and use the Excel t test Add-In
• Understand and use the t test for related data
The chi-square discussion in chapter eight provides a means of assessing whether two or more categorical variables are statistically independent of one another. This chapter takes up the t test. The t test is a means of assessing ...