ANALYSIS OF VARIANCE
• Understand the concepts associated with one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
• Understand the use of the F test to determine whether between group variance is large relative to within group variance
• Enable and use the Excel add-in for one-way ANOVA
• Apply the concepts associated with ANOVA for repeated measures for calculating the variation within people or groups
• Understand and apply the concepts associated with factorial analysis of variance (factorial design) to health care-specific scenarios
Chapter one introduced several different questions that could be addressed using statistics. One of these was the question of whether eight hospitals in a hospital alliance differed from one another ...