SIMPLE LINEAR REGRESSION
• Understand the meaning and calculation of linear regression
• Demonstrate understanding of testing of the hypothesis of independence
• Enable and use the Excel regression add-in
• Understand the importance of examining a scatterplot in regression analysis
• Understand the relationship between regression and the t test
Linear regression is a statistical method for determining the relationship between one or more independent variables and a single dependent variable. In this chapter we look at what is called simple linear regression. Simple linear regression is the relationship between a single independent variable and a single dependent variable.
11.1 MEANING AND CALCULATION OF LINEAR REGRESSION ...