Recognized from Seinfeld and MTV, Dan Cortese now gives readers a personal and humorous look at the life and career of an American TV actor and host
Fans of Veronica's Closet, MTV Sports, What I Like About You, 8 Simple Rules, and Castle will relish this exclusive account of Dan’s life and career. Step Off! is a hilarious look inside the eccentric experiences of a Hollywood favorite. He discusses life from his own honest, outrageous Hollywood perspective. Cortese shares the lessons he's learned—and a few he hasn’t—working on screen for over two decades as an American actor. He also reveals details about his most rewarding job: being a father.
Step Off! is a side-splitting, heart-warming journey through Dan’s life and career, showing the hilarious and memorable aspects of acting, fame, and striving to be a super dad.
Follow the actor’s path from working in a steel mill in Pittsburgh, to the rock-climbing "Mimbo" on Seinfeld, to his life as a father of three. You’re sure to laugh with this noteworthy celebrity book from Dan Cortese.
Table of contents
Part 1: Foundation
- 1 “Well…How Did I Get Here?”
- 2 “‘Job’ Isn't Just a Book in the Bible”—No One
- 3 School Daze
- 4 Chapel Thrill
- 5 Reality Check
- 6 Ms. Jackson if You're Nasty
- 7 Go Big or Go Home
- 8 My Foundation's Foundation
Part 2: Fame
- 9 Go West, Young Man
- 10 From Full Time to Primetime
- 11 Vital Idol
- 12 Not Quite an Overnight Sensation
- 13 Bo Knows, But Bo Doesn't Know Dan
- 14 Rock n' Jock N' Talkin'
- 15 Wait… People Are Actually Watching This?
- 16 Intermission, aka MTV Sports: (A Few Random Episodes)
- 17 A Whopper of a Deal
- 18 Fluff Your Lips and Thrust Those Hips
- 19 Boxers, Briefs, or Birthday Suit?
- 20 You're Just Not Dan Cortese Enough!
- 21 More Dan, But Less Melrose, I Suppose
- 22 Drinking with the General
- 23 Nip, Tuck, and Liposuck!
Part 3: Fatherhood
- 24 Where da Hood At?
- 25 Wild Child Development
- 26 Kid Party Clown
- 27 The United Colors of Cortese
- 28 Waiting for My Real Life to Begin
- 29 How To? Nope. How I Do!
- 30 Taking Matters into Your Own Hands
- 31 To Internet or Internot, That's the Question?
- 32 Social (Distortion) Media
- 33 Chill Ride? Nah, I'll Take the Thrill Ride
- 34 The 50-Point Jump Shot
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Step Off!
- Release date: June 2020
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119653479
You might also like
Expert Playlist Intro: Lessons from Amazon, Google, Apple and Other Silicon Valley Giants
In this brief introduction to Tim O'Reilly's Expert Playlist , find out why he selected these …
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Erlang and OTP in Action
Concurrent programming has become a required discipline for all programmers. Multi-core processors and the increasing demand …