Ever felt like you need an inspired action plan on how to step up?
Stepping up could be about taking on your first leadership or management role. It could be about changing your career, or leaving employment to start up on your own. It could be about changing the way you run a team already under your management.
Whatever your circumstances, you will face the same issues we all do: changing attitudes, changing technology and our fast-moving rollercoaster of a world. Stepping Up will inspire and equip you to understand and respond to that change and develop your ability to lead yourself and others through it.
Follow the practical five point framework on how to step up and fulfil your ambitions:
1. Vision – How to reset your rules in a complex and changing landscape
2. Values – Develop your leadership mission by understanding why you want to lead
3. Velocity – Invest in yourself and build the skills and capabilities of a great leader
4. Votes – Invest in your team and bring together a fantastic team of people to take you on your journey
5. Victories – Deliver brilliant results and ensure you can deliver on your promises
Accelerate your skills and potential, and take charge of your leadership career.
“This book is so needed. A manual for the leadership generation that want to create their own future.” Kathryn Parsons. Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Decoded.
““Leadership can be practised at all levels. Step up or step out of the way.” Thales Teixeira, Professor at Harvard University
"Sarah is one of the most inspiring leaders I know, anyone wanting to become one too should read this book."
Baroness Martha Lane Fox, founder of lastminute.com, Chancellor of The Open University, Board Member of Twitter.
Table of contents
- Title page
- About the authors
- Author’s note
- Who this book is for
- Your Stepping up journey: the five Vs
- Step 1 VISION: reset the rules
- Step 2 VALUES: make it matter
- Step 3 VELOCITY: invest in yourself
- Step 4 VOTES: invest in your team
- Step 5 VICTORIES: deliver brilliant results!
- Title: Stepping Up
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292186887
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
Excel 2019 Bible
The complete guide to Excel 2019 Whether you are just starting out or an Excel novice, …
Servant Leadership in Action
“The only way to create great relationships and results is through servant leadership. It's all about …
Taking Smart Risks: How Sharp Leaders Win When Stakes are High
In today’s market, playing it safe is not an option Lead your company to sustainable success …