What do we need to change in order to develop a new generation of business leaders who connect profits with purpose, who see in social entrepreneurship and innovation the key opportunity for addressing our planetary challenges? The answer lies in the contents we select to teach, in the values we invite to explore and develop, and in the methods we use. In the era of 24/7 global access to information from our mobile gadgets, many institutions of higher education are still sitting students in rows or amphitheaters, measuring success via tests and evaluations, with instructors lecturing what students should learn. And instructors feel the challenge of competing with sleepy audiences that divide their attention between their cell phones and the speaker. Stop teaching, the author says, inviting instructors in management schools and higher education to adopt some proven learning principles that can reengage students, unleash their potentials, and foster them to shape the world they want to live in. And have fun doing it. Through adult learning research, guides, activities, and stories from pioneering learning facilitators in education and corporate training, Rimanoczy brings a long-needed revamp to educational institutions that want to be part of responsible management education.
Table of contents
- Part 1: Why Do We Need a Change?
Part 2: What Is Action Reflection Learning?
- Chapter 4. The Scandinavian Rebels’ Initiative
- Chapter 5. The 10 ARL Principles
- Chapter 6. Principle 1: Relevance
- Chapter 7. Principle 2: Tacit Knowledge
- Chapter 8. Principle 3: Reflection
- Chapter 9. Principle 4: Self-Awareness
- Chapter 10. Principle 5: Social Learning
- Chapter 11. Principle 6: Paradigm Shift
- Chapter 12. Principle 7: Systems Thinking
- Chapter 13. Principle 8: Integration
- Chapter 14. Principle 9: Repetition and Reinforcement
- Chapter 15. Principle 10: Learning Facilitator
- Part 3: So What Is the Impact?
- Title: Stop Teaching
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631573804
You might also like
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Mindhacker: 60 Tips, Tricks, and Games to Take Your Mind to the Next Level
Compelling tips and tricks to improve your mental skills Don't you wish you were just a …
Facilitation Skills Training
Help them make the most out of every meeting. Rambling group discussions, tangential concerns, difficult attendees, …
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …