Suppose you are an experienced call center professional tasked with facilitating a customer service course. You are in the “managing customer expectations” section, and you want to tell a story about an incident that occurred back when you worked on the front lines taking calls. Six events occurred in your story:
1. The customer called in after receiving a defective item.
2. The customer was not able to provide the information you needed to look up the order.
3. The customer became annoyed and started yelling at you.
4. You became frustrated and yelled back.
5. The call escalated, and you were asked to meet with your manager.
6. Your manager coached you on strategies that you could use to avoid similar situations in the ...