How are companies across the planet preparing for Europe's tough new GDPR rules? How do enterprises like Barclays, Deutsche Telekom, and Shell drive innovation and profitability with real-time analytics and machine learning? What is algorithm bias and how does it impact the social media recommendation systems at platforms like Facebook? These are just a few of the timely and fascinating topics discussed at the four-day Strata Data Conference held in London during May 2018. The conference featured more than 200 of the globe's most recognized big data strategists, scientists, and engineers speaking on the skills, technologies, and practices required to create successful data-driven projects and organizations. This video compilation gives you complete access to the conference's top keynote addresses, tutorials, and topical sessions—more than 100 hours of material to view at your own pace. Highlights include:
- Keynote speeches, including Eva Kaili (European Parliament) on data protection and innovation; Christine Foster (Alan Turing Institute) on building the data-driven future we want to live in; and Pierre Romera (ICIJ) on the challenges of sifting through 1.4 TB of data to produce journalism's headline generating "Paradise Papers"
- Sessions on Data Science and Machine Learning, including Jaya Mathew and Francesca Lazzeri (Microsoft) on using deep learning models for fraud detection; Ted Dunning (MapR Technologies) on AI Rendezvous technology; Paco Nathan (O'Reilly Media) and Ihab Ilyas (University of Waterloo) on HITL/human guided machine learning; Elisa Celis (EPFL) on fairness and diversity in online social systems; and David Talby (Pacific AI) on natural language understanding at scale with spaCy and Spark NLP
- Sessions on Data Engineering and Architecture, including Jim Webber (Neo4j) on Neo4j's new causal clustering architecture; Dean Wampler (Lightbend) on streaming microservices with Akka Streams and Kafka Streams; Flavio Junqueira (Dell EMC) on building stream pipelines with Pravega; and Jacques Nadeau (Dremio) on using Apache Arrow for high-speed data access
- The Strata Business Summit, including Executive Briefings on key issues such as predictive analytics and machine learning, Cloud strategy, governance security and privacy, and AI by luminaries such as Audrey Lobo-Pulo (The Australian Treasury), Kim Nilsson (Pivigo), Martin Goodson (Evolution AI), Simon Chan (Salesforce), and Ira Cohen (Anodot)
- FinData Day with sessions on using big data techniques to analyze risk, detect fraud, and improve customer service in the financial industry delivered by heavy-weights at Deutsche Börse, Nordea, OptiRisk Systems, TBC Bank, Arcadia Data, ORDIX AG, and more
- High-value tutorials led by experts, such as Barbara Fusinska (Google) on the basics of NLP with Python and Eugene Fratkin (Cloudera) on how to run data analytic workloads in the cloud
- Sessions on Law, Ethics, and Governance including Guillaume Chaslot (AlgoTransparency) on spotting bias in social media recommendations and Aurélie Pols (Mind Your Privacy) on how to navigate the GDPR privacy regulations
- Sessions on Emerging Technologies, including Jorie Koster-Hale (Dataiku) on using big data methods to detect criminal activity and Aurélien Géron (Kiwisoft) on using state-of-the-art deep computer vision architectures in manufacturing
The Strata Data Conference London 2018 video compilation is the ideal reference for anyone who wants to tap into the opportunities big data presents. Get yours now.