The Strata Data Conference, the world's largest gathering of the data community, came to London April 29th to May 2nd, 2019. Many of Big Data's best practitioners, strategists, and decision makers spoke, providing expert guidance on the skills, technologies, and processes required to build successful data-driven projects and organizations. This video compilation gives you a front row view of the best keynotes, tutorials, and technical sessions delivered at the conference.
It contains keynote speeches from data visionaries such as Shingai Manjengwa (CEO, Fireside Analytics Inc.), Michael Tidmarsh (CTO, Ogilvy), Cassie Kozyrkov (Chief Decision Scientist, Google), David Boyle (Customer Insights Director, Harrods), Cait O'Riordan (CIO, Financial Times), Sandra Wachter (University of Oxford), and from historian and futurist James Burke. It includes Sandeep Uttamchandani's (Intuit) talk on the three patterns to best manage data dictionaries; Simona Meriam's (Nielsen) review of the best techniques to manage Spark-Kafka consumer offsets in a relational database; Guoqiong Song's (Intel) talk on LSTM-based time series anomaly detection using Analytics Zoo for Spark and BigDL; Wolff Dobson's (Google) update on TensorFlow's best practices; and a host of other talks covering the latest in data engineering and architecture; data science, machine learning and AI; data law and ethics; data streaming and Iot; and data visualization and UX.
- Hours of Strata London 2019's best keynotes, tutorials, and technical sessions to study and absorb on your own schedule.
- The Strata Business Summit: total access to all of the Summit's tutorials, tech talks, and exclusive Executive Briefings, including Pete Skomoroch (Workday) on the must-do requirements for creating future proof AI/machine learning focused businesses; Lidia Crespo (Santander UK) on how to use Hadoop to defend privacy; and Dean Wampler (Lightbend) on what it takes to use machine learning in fast data pipelines.
- Findata Day: hours of data-meets-finance sessions delivered by some of the world's top bankers, analysts, entrepreneurs, financiers, and technologists, including Martin Leijen (Rabobank) on Rabobank's AI-enabling Data and Intelligence Lab; Charlotte Werger (Van Lanschot Kempen) on transforming a traditional wealth manager to a cutting-edge data-driven company; and Daniel First (QuantumBlack) on how to operationalize risk management with machine learning.
- Data Case Studies Day: sessions describing data in action across a wide range of companies and verticals led by the directors of those efforts, such as Marc Rind (ADP), Juan Bengochea (Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines), Semih Kumluk (Turkcell), and Simon Moritz (Ericsson).
- Deep-dive big data tutorials into must-know technologies, such as how to do time series forecasting with Azure ML; how to use AWS serverless technologies to analyze large datasets; how to design and build machine learning models using TensorFlow, how to do real-time SQL stream processing at scale with Apache Kafka and KSQL, and how to get ready for CCPA and GDPR regulations governing data security and governance.