Note: Keynotes from Day 1 are available now; we will be adding more videos over the next few days, so come back to see more from Strata + Hadoop World NY 2016.
Big data's most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gathered together at the Strata + Hadoop NY 2016 conference to discuss and explore the cutting-edge issues around the processes of rapidly acquiring, processing, preparing, storing, and analyzing data on a massive scale. This video compilation gives you complete access to all of the conference’s tutorials, sessions, and keynotes— more than 200 events in total.
A short list of the technologies you’ll learn about include Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Beam, Impala, Solr, Kudu, Mesos, Zeppelin, Akka, Cassandra, Myriad, Kafka, Apex, Druid, Python, R, graph databases, data lakes, the Trusted Analytics platform, YARN, Spark Streaming, JupyterLab, holographic data visualizations, and event-based microservices applications. Who were the speakers? Just a few of the more than 290 experts who presented include luminaries such as Google’s Tyler Akidau, Confluent’s Neha Narkhede, June Andrews from Pinterest, Kurt Brown from Netflix, Jill Lepore from Harvard, and IBM’s Raj Krishnamurthy. And like every Strata + Hadoop event, the core of the conference are the multi-hour tutorials. Thought-provoking and intense, tutorials include: A half-day practical guide to securing Hadoop clusters led by principals at Cloudera; Data 101, an overview of the core principles of data architecture from experts at Silicon Valley Data Science, EMC, and Metis; Spark Camp, eight hours of instruction on DataFrames, Spark SQL, GraphX, and Spark streaming; and eight hours on Big Data issues in the financial industry with case studies from Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Sand Hill Econometrics.
With sessions for the Big Data beginner, the intermediate and the pro, the business executive from the C-suite and the high-level academic, Hadoop + Strata NY 2016 is the proverbial big tent with something smart for everyone.
- Gain total access to every tutorial, session, and keynote at Strata + Hadoop NY 2016
- See each of the conference’s 22 tutorials, 157 sessions, and 22 keynotes
- Hear from the experts at Cloudera, MapR, Microsoft, AWS, Intel, Confluent, and hundreds more
- Enjoy 28 sessions on real-time stream processing and 27 sessions on architecting data pipelines
- See 26 data science sessions on topics like machine learning with sci-kit, Python, and TensorFlow
- Watch 16 sessions on data innovations like Apache Solr, JupyterLab, Parquet, and Druid
- Survey 13 different how-to sessions on deploying enterprise workloads to the public cloud
- Take in 8 sessions on Hadoop use cases, 5 sessions on data pipeline security, and 17 on the IOT
- See Big Data case studies in retail, health care, finance, ad/media, and telecomm
- Learn about Google’s BigQuery, eBay’s Pulsar, Amazon’s Kinesis, and IBM’s Immersive 3D
Table of contents
- Keynote: The new dynamics of big data, Mike Olson (Cloudera)
- Keynote: Decision 2016: What is your data platform? Jack Norris (MapR Technologies)
- Keynote: US venture: Risk, values, founder outcomes, Susan Woodward (Sand Hill Econometrics)
- Keynote: Driving open source adoption within the enterprise, Ron Bodkin (Think Big Analytics)
- Modern analytics with Dell EMC, Patricia Florissi (Dell EMC)
- Keynote: Transforming healthcare through precision data science, Sriram Vishwanath (Accordion Health Inc. | University of Texas, Austin)
- Title: Strata + Hadoop World 2016 - New York, New York
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491944660
You might also like
Strata + Hadoop World 2017 - San Jose, California
Strata + Hadoop World San Jose 2017 gathered 325 of the globe's leading minds in technology …
Strata Data Conference - London, UK 2018
How are companies across the planet preparing for Europe's tough new GDPR rules? How do enterprises …
Strata Conference New York + Hadoop World 2014: Video Compilation
Use the power of big data to drive business strategy What happens when cutting-edge data science …
Strata + Hadoop World 2016 - San Jose, California: Video Compilation
Make data work, a simple phrase a mile deep, was the theme of Strata+ Hadoop San …