USER'S GUIDE TO THE STRATEGY BUILDER'S FRAMEWORK PROFILES
As the preceding contents pages show, we have selected what are, in our experience (and reflective of a number of recent independent surveys), the 26 best frameworks for developing and communicating strategy graphically. We have arranged each of these into five categories that follow a logical linear progression:
- Environmental analysis
- Competitive positioning
- Capability development
- Growth options
- Strategic goal development.
Each of these five Strategy Builder ‘blocks' contains five strategy frameworks and each framework is outlined across six pages in this ‘design' section of Strategy Builder:
- Page 1 introduces and outlines the framework, lists its author and global rating, states when it is best to use it and lists its constituent parts.
- Page 2 describes the historical development of the framework and what the ‘key takeouts' are that you should seek to gain by using it.
- Page 3 contains a worked example that actually tells the story of a strategy through the lens of the framework. In our experience, such drawings when seen (or even better drawn) really help managers to understand what a framework is about and its possibilities.
- Page 4 provides space and tips to encourage drawing your own strategy or strategic ideas using the frame in focus with the worked example on the facing page as inspiration.
- Page 5 lists the common pitfalls that users may encounter with the framework, how the framework might be used in conjunction ...