Many of the familiar building blocks of SQL queries are also provided by SAQL. A few of the most common and fundamental elements are:
- SELECT, for projecting columns in the query output
- FROM, for setting the input or input-derived data source
- CASE, for condition evaluation
- WHERE, for filtering input data
Certain other SAQL elements, while familiar from traditional database query patterns, have distinctive benefits for streaming data. Let's take a closer look at a few of them:
- WITH: Defines a temporary derived table for later reference in the query. That much is the well-known role that WITH plays in SQL, but in Stream Analytics, it also helps when scaling out a query for more efficient handling of a higher throughput ...