There are many benefits to becoming a data-driven organization, including the ability to accelerate and improve business decision accuracy through the real-time processing of transactions, social media streams, and IoT data. But those benefits require significant changes to your infrastructure. You need flexible architectures that can copy data to analytics platforms at near-zero latency while maintaining 100% production uptime. Fortunately, a solution already exists.
This ebook demonstrates how change data capture (CDC) can meet the scalability, efficiency, real-time, and zero-impact requirements of modern data architectures. Kevin Petrie, Itamar Ankorion, and Dan Potter—technology marketing leaders at Attunity—explain how CDC enables faster and more accurate decisions based on current data and reduces or eliminates full reloads that disrupt production and efficiency.
The book examines:
- How CDC evolved from a niche feature of database replication software to a critical data architecture building block
- Architectures where data workflow and analysis take place, and their integration points with CDC
- How CDC identifies and captures source data updates to assist high-speed replication to one or more targets
- Case studies on cloud-based streaming and streaming to a data lake and related architectures
- Guiding principles for effectively implementing CDC in cloud, data lake, and streaming environments
- The Attunity Replicate platform for efficiently loading data across all major database, data warehouse, cloud, streaming, and Hadoop platforms
Table of contents
- Introduction: The Rise of Modern Data Architectures
- 1. Why Use Change Data Capture?
- 2. How Change Data Capture Works
- 3. How Change Data Capture Fits into Modern Architectures
- 4. Case Studies
- 5. Architectural Planning and Implementation
- 6. The Qlik Platform
- 7. Conclusion
- A. Gartner Maturity Model for Data and Analytics
- Title: Streaming Change Data Capture
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492032519
You might also like
Spark: The Definitive Guide
Learn how to use, deploy, and maintain Apache Spark with this comprehensive guide, written by the …
Architecting Modern Data Platforms
There’s a lot of information about big data technologies, but splicing these technologies into an end-to-end …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it’s log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, or something …