With both training and preparation, a street photographer needs to make rapid decisions; there may only be a fraction of a second to immortalize a moment in time that has never happened before and will never happen again. This is where Street Photography: Creative Vision Behind the Lens comes in.
Follow Valérie Jardin on an inspiring photo walk around the world. After an overview of the practical and technical aspects of street photography, Valérie takes you along on a personal photographic journey as she hits the streets of her favorite urban haunts. She shows you the art of storytelling through her photographs, from envisioning the image to actually capturing it in the camera. Learn about the technical and compositional choices she makes and the thought process that spurred the click of the shutter.
Perfect for both the new photographer excited to capture the world around them and for the experienced street photographer wishing to improve their techniques and images, Street Photography requires no special equipment, just a passion for seeing and capturing the extraordinary in the ordinary.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF STREET PHOTOGRAPHY
- 1 What Is Street Photography?
2 Getting Started
- What Drives Street Photographers?
- If This Is New for You, Then Reset Your Expectations
- Is It Legal, and Do I Need Permission?
- Is It Ethical?
- What Gear Should I Use?
- What Should I Bring on a Photo Walk?
- The Fear of Photographing Strangers
- Should You Pick a Theme or Go Out Empty?
- The Power of Limitations
- Share Your Work
- 3 Different Ways to Approach Street Photography
4 Elements That Make a Strong Street Photograph
- Strong Subjects
- PART II: PHOTO WALKS
- Title: Street Photography
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781315296395