Has success eluded you, no matter how hard you try?
Are you frustrated by trying to achieve your dreams by copying others? Internationally-acclaimed speaker and founder of the cutting-edge venture capital Amyx Ventures, Scott Amyx reveals how you can attain real success in your life, your way. His theory of Strive is a challenge to the conventional wisdom that has held so many people back from achieving their goals and enjoying lasting happiness. Scott rose from obscure poverty to globe-trotting success, and he invites you to share in his journey by adopting a new mindset towards your personal challenges: embrace them. Scott shows you how through stories of the most unlikely individuals who embraced difficult personal change to become outrageously successful. He helps you take stock of your own habits and practices to identify how your routine and misconceptions are holding you back. Fascinating insights from throughout history up through today’s cutting-edge research show how embracing discomfort fuels lasting success.
Shape your life in new, exciting ways. You can have control over your career, your outlook, your actions, and your priorities. This book helps you get a fresh start to begin building the successful life you want.
- Discover what really drives success---and how conventional wisdom is wrong
- Clearly identify your own personal challenges---and how to overcome them
- Delve into the latest research on high performance to create a better you
- Learn how high-achievers approach challenge, change, and success
Strive is an unconventional approach to attaining your dreams because it takes what makes you unique and turns it to your advantage. Have you been duped by common myths of success? Are you disappointed by the constant struggle in life? Scott reveals how only you have the power to change your trajectory. Strive is your handbook for getting comfortable with discomfort, embracing and enjoying new challenges, and achieving real, lasting success.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1 Strive
- 2 Are You Passionate Enough?
- 3 Practice and Opportunity
- 4 Are You Special?
- 5 The Secret Things
- 6 Disrupt Yourself
- 7 Abandoning Your Comfort Zone
8 When the Going Gets Tough
- Pairing Risk with Perseverance Is Necessary for Your Ultimate Success
- Staying the Path, Eyes Ahead
- Insights Help You Reassess Your Goals
- The Blind Man Riding on the Back of a Blind Tiger
- A Cinderella Story
- Insights Help You Persevere
- Taking the Long View and the Long Road
- Coming from Nowhere, Going Somewhere
- Fail Again and Again
- Into the Heart of Darkness
- Passion Play
- 9 Verify and Magnify Your Success
- 10 Enhance Yourself
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Strive
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119387305
You might also like
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Never Go with Your Gut
Avoid terrible advice, cognitive biases, and poor decisions. Want to avoid business disasters, whether minor mishaps, …
Designing for Behavior Change, 2nd Edition
Designers and managers hope their products become essential for users—integrated into their lives like Instagram, Lyft, …
Breathe to Succeed
Technology has revolutionized the business sector. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, employee, CEO, or executive, you’re likely …