- An understanding of the use of artificial light sources, camera and associated equipment in a studio environment.
- An awareness of the equipment and organisation required for the photographic control of lighting ratios, contrast and exposure.
- The study and observation of the importance of the studio in the production of photographic images.
- The compilation of reference and visual information influencing the approach taken to produce the photographs for each activity.
- To produce photographic images and collate information relevant to the technique and production of each photograph.