Book descriptionSucceeding with AI sets out a framework for planning and running cost-effective, reliable AI projects that produce real business results. This practical guide reveals secrets forged during the author’s experience with dozens of startups, established businesses, and Fortune 500 giants that will help you establish meaningful, achievable goals. In it you’ll master a repeatable process to maximize the return on data-scientist hours and learn to implement effectiveness metrics for keeping projects on track and resistant to calcification.
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About This Book
- About the Author
- About the Cover Illustration
Chapter 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Whom is this book for?
- 1.2. AI and the Age of Implementation
- 1.3. How do you make money with AI?
- 1.4. What matters for your project to succeed?
- 1.5. Machine learning from 10,000 feet
- 1.6. Start by understanding the possible business actions
- 1.7. Don’t fish for “something in the data”
- 1.8. AI finds correlations, not causes!
- 1.9. Business results must be measurable!
- 1.10. What is CLUE?
- 1.11. Overview of how to select and run AI projects
- 1.12. Exercises
- Chapter 2. How to use AI in your business
- Chapter 3. Choosing your first AI project
- Chapter 4. Linking business and technology
- Chapter 5. What is an ML pipeline, and how does it affect an AI project?
Chapter 6. Analyzing an ML pipeline
- 6.1. Why you should care about analyzing your ML pipeline
- 6.2. Economizing resources: The E part of CLUE
- 6.3. MinMax analysis: Do you have the right ML pipeline?
- 6.4. How to interpret MinMax analysis results
- 6.5. How to perform an analysis of the ML pipeline
- 6.6. FAQs about MinMax analysis
- 6.7. Exercises
- Chapter 7. Guiding an AI project to success
Chapter 8. AI trends that may affect you
- 8.1. What is AI?
- 8.2. AI in physical systems
- 8.3. AI doesn’t learn causality, only correlations
- 8.4. Not all data is created equal
- 8.5. How are AI errors different from human mistakes?
- 8.6. AutoML is approaching
- 8.7. What you’ve learned isn’t limited to AI
- 8.8. Guiding AI to business results
- 8.9. Exercises
- Appendix A. Glossary of terms
- Appendix B. Exercise solutions
- Appendix C. Bibliography
- Data + AI + CLUE = Profit
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Title: Succeeding with AI
- Release date: March 2020
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617296932
You might also like
Machine Learning for Business
Machine Learning for Business teaches business-oriented machine learning techniques you can do yourself. Concentrating on practical …
Docker in Action, Second Edition
Docker in Action, Second Edition teaches you to create, deploy, and manage applications hosted in Docker …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
The AI Ladder
AI may be the greatest opportunity of our time, with the potential to add nearly $16 …