Africa is the new frontier, with six of the ten fastest growing markets in the world. What does it take to succeed in such fast growth markets?
Success in Africa introduces twenty top business leaders, including Equity Bank’s CEO James Mwangi and GE’s CEO Jeff Immelt, as they reveal how they approach vast opportunities on the continent. Success in Africa’s stories of growth, technology, and tradition illustrate one of the most important stories of the global economy: a successful Africa.
With twenty years of experience in frontier markets, including eight years working in Africa, author Jonathan Berman addresses the critical questions companies and investors ask: Who do I work with there and what drives them? How do I deal with government? What about war, disease and poverty? What about China? How do I win? Success in Africa will inspire and equip the reader with the insights needed to succeed across the diverse nations that comprise the continent.
Table of Contents
- Praise for Success in Africa and Jonathan Berman
- Title Page
- Foreword by Robert E. Rubin
- Table of Figures
- Chapter 1: Welcome to the Frontier
- Chapter 2: At the Dawn
- Chapter 3: Becoming Africa
- Chapter 4: Africapitalism
- Chapter 5: What Wins
- Chapter 6: What About the Government?
- Chapter 7: What About China?
- Chapter 8: What About the United States?
- Title: Success in Africa: CEO Insights from a Continent on the Rise
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Bibliomotion
- ISBN: 9781937134464