Getting More People Involved in the Grants Process
However your superiors evaluate you as district grants administrator, your position will not be needed if your staff and volunteers do not attract grants. With this in mind, it is difficult to understand why many grant administrators manage grant funds procured from someone else's efforts day after day without ever examining the following:
- Why proposal developers volunteer their time to prepare grant proposals
- What they get out of the process
- How a grants office can encourage more individuals to become involved in grantseeking
- Why some staff and volunteers are reluctant to become involved in grantseeking
- How this noninvolvement could be reversed or diminished
- The policies, procedures, ...