Project management is an increasingly essential skill for today’s fast-moving business world—and practitioners are in high demand. Serving as a comprehensive introduction, Successful Project Management, 4th edition covers the fundamentals, focusing on practical tools and techniques students can apply immediately to complete projects on time, on budget, and on target. Packed with proven strategies, the course explains how to clarify objectives, avoid serious errors of omission, and eliminate costly mistakes.
Students will learn how to:
• Set measurable project objectives and create a practical plan to achieve them
• Control time, cost, and scope
• Obtain approval and buy-in from senior management and key stakeholders
• Create a work breakdown structure to ensure a solid foundation for project activities
• Use network diagramming to control the project schedule
• Employ standard estimating techniques, including analogous, parametric, and bottom-up methods
• Prepare a project plan using progressive elaboration and the Critical Path Method
• Lead the project team and manage relationships effectively and productively across the spectrum of project stakeholders
• Identify project risk and manage change
• Evaluate and report on project performance
Now completely revised and updated, Successful Project Management aligns with the 5thedition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), and covers outsourcing and procurement planning, the role of the Project Management Office, the use of three-point estimating and Monte Carlo simulation, earned value management, and much more. Throughout, a case study reinforces key concepts while exercises and review questions provide students the opportunity to strengthen their skills and apply what they’ve learned.