This chapter provides a structured process for assessing evidence and selecting the right candidate, and sets out the steps required to complete the selection process. It covers:
- What to do when the candidate leaves the room.
- A structured process for assessing evidence and reaching agreement as a panel.
- Ensuring that you select the right candidate.
- Notification of successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Requesting references for successful candidates.
- Giving feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
When the Candidate Leaves the Room
Stay quiet! There are two reasons for this. Firstly, the candidate may still be in the corridor outside and able to hear what you say. An injudicious remark that is overheard by him or ...