Book descriptionCelebrating 10 Years of Shut Up, Move On!
Paul McGee's international bestselling personal development heavyweight S.U.M.O. has helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world fulfil their potential, seize opportunities, succeed at work, and respond to adverse situations with a positive attitude. Weighing in with humour, insight, practical tips, and personal anecdotes, it's a thought provoking—and possibly life-changing—read. Now newly updated to celebrate 10 years since its first publication and including up-to-date case studies and examples, as well brand new exercises to test yourself, S.U.M.O: 10th Anniversary Edition will help SUMO fans, as well as SUMO amateurs, get more out of this bestselling, self-help classic.
There are six S.U.M.O. principles that are designed to help you create and enjoy a brilliant life:
- Change Your T-Shirt— take responsibility for your own life and don't be a victim.
- Develop Fruity Thinking— change your thinking and change your results.
- Hippo Time is OK— understand how setbacks affect you and how to recover from them.
- Remember the Beachball— increase your understanding and awareness of other people's world.
- Learn Latin— change comes through action not intention.
- Overcome the tendency to put things off.
- Ditch Doris Day— create your own future rather than leave it to chance. Forget the attitude ‘que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be.'
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Preface to the 10thAnniversary Edition
- Chapter 1 E + R = O
- Chapter 2 Change Your T-shirt
- Chapter 3 Develop Fruity Thinking
- Chapter 4 Hippo Time Is Ok
- Chapter 5 Remember The Beachball
- Chapter 6 Learn Latin
- Chapter 7 Ditch Doris Day
- The Personal Postscript
- Bonus SUMO Wisdom
- Want To Know More About SUMO?
- SUMO and Act4Africa
- Seven Questions To Help You SUMO
- Title: S.U.M.O (Shut Up, Move On), 10th Edition
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857086228
You might also like
97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know
Tap into the wisdom of experts to learn what every engineering manager should know. With 97 …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Get People To Do What You Want
A former Army interrogator shares his secrets for getting exactly what you want out of anyone, …
Codeless Data Structures and Algorithms : Learn DSA Without Writing a Single Line of Code
In the era of self-taught developers and programmers, essential topics in the industry are frequently learned …