O'Reilly logo

Sun™ ONE Messaging Server: Practices and Techniques for Enterprise Customers by Dave Pickens

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Community City College

The customer was large community college system with 18 campuses distributed throughout the state. Each campus had at least one mail system and various levels of directory infrastructure, if any at all. The Chancellor's office decided that recent funding cutbacks required consolidation of IT services, including directory and messaging. There were pockets of UNIX administration experience with even less directory expertise and no clustering or failover experience. The use of the existing third-party enterprise storage and backup system (library and software) was required.

The initial thoughts were that 90 percent of the users would be using IMAP while the other 10 percent would use web mail.

Community City College has:

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required