Super Freedom is just that ? a guide for women to super. This guide has a strong, aspirational focus on whatsuperannuation can provide for women, regardless of their marital circumstances, age or even their currentsuperannuation balances. For women it?s not so much about the actual amount of super they have, but what they cando with it, eg travel, shop, live.
Throwing aside the shackles of jargon and terminology, Trish Power?s guide tosuperannuation for women, provides with women with everything they need to know about how much super theyneed, getting their super set up, how to increase their super balance, how to move into retirement, insurance andestate planning.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- Chapter 1: It's never too late or too early to create a super future
Chapter 2: Getting the monkeys off your back: what's stopping you from taking super control?
- Naming the top 14 monkeys holding back super plans
- Monkey 1: Superannuation is boring, and I'm only reading this book because a girlfriend gave it to me as a gift
- Monkey 2: I don't know enough about investing and super
- Monkey 3: I only have $15 000 in super. What's the point?
- Monkey 4: I can't afford to buy a house; retirement is the least of my worries
- Monkey 5: Paying off my house is more important than putting money into super
- Monkey 6: I'm not working, so how can I possibly think about saving for retirement?
- Monkey 7: I'm too busy with my kids to think about super and investing
- Monkey 8: We have a mortgage and we are paying school fees - we have no spare cash to put into super
- Monkey 9: I'm divorced and raising children - I don't think I'll ever be able to retire
- Monkey 10: I'm in my fifties, and now it's too late
- Monkey 11: My husband/partner is my retirement plan
- Monkey 12: My husband/partner looks after all of our finances
- Monkey 13: I have super but I don't know where it is
- Monkey 14: I'm self-employed and superannuation is not a priority
- Chapter 3: Investing for super beginners
Chapter 4: Your Six-Step Wealth Check: how much money is enough?
- Introducing Trish's Six-Step Wealth Check
- Step 1: Choose your lifestyle - what type of life do you want in retirement?
- Step 2: Calculate the cost of your chosen lifestyle - how much does such a lifestyle cost each week, or each year?
- Step 3: Calculate the lump sum amount needed for your chosen lifestyle - your retirement savings target
- Step 4: Do a financial stocktake today
- Step 5: Do a financial stocktake for tomorrow
- Step 6: Close your retirement gap
- Chapter 5: Case study - I'm 52. Is it too late to start saving?
- Chapter 6: A short course in super: the basics and the best bits
Chapter 7: Doing a little: turn $4500 into $300 000 the easy way
- How four women turned $4500 into $300 000 the easy way
- Case study 1 (age 25): Chrissy's counting on a cushy retirement
- Case study 2 (age 35): Julie's jump in retirement expectations
- Case study 3 (age 45): Sahn is sitting pretty for her retirement
- Case study 4 (age 55): Lily's loving her new retirement plan
- Chapter 8: Doing a lot: making $1 million is possible, but it takes a super plan
- Chapter 9: Case studies - four women create $1 million nest eggs
- Chapter 10: Boost your super: 15 tips to help you create a worry-free financial future
- Chapter 11: What happens when I retire? Super benefits, the Age Pension, tax and other stuff
- Chapter 12: Next step - financial freedom!
- Appendix: A short guide to the free calculators, table assumptions and tax rates
- Title: Super Freedom: Create a Worry-Free Financial Future in 6 Steps
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9781742469713
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Predictive Analytics For Dummies
Combine business sense, statistics, and computers in a new and intuitive way, thanks to Big Data …
Predictive Analytics Using Rattle and Qlik Sense
Create comprehensive solutions for predictive analysis using Rattle and share them with Qlik Sense Create visualizations, …
Vue.js 2 Cookbook
101 hands-on recipes that teach you how to build professional, structured web apps with Vue.js About …