'Fraser gives hope to anyone who ever dreamed of selling to a wider market'
'You have a great story to tell'
'Fraser is an exciting young entrepreneur with an amazing story. His jams taste really fantastic too!'
At just 14 years old, Fraser Doherty was selling jars of homemade jam to his neighbours. A few years later, SuperJam was flying off the shelves of the world's largest supermarket chains.
SuperBusiness tells how he transformed a hobby into a much-loved brand, selling millions of jars along the way. Fraser explains how he did it – from his own kitchen table, without huge investment – and how you too, can come up with a killer idea, build a brand, make money, and do good in your community.
Those crazy business ideas really can grow into something amazing and life changing. If this story doesn't inspire you to start your adventure, nothing will.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About the ‘Jam Boy’
- My Adventures in Jam
- Chapter 1: Why Start a Business?
- Chapter 2: Eureka! Super Idea
- Chapter 3: Finding Support
Chapter 4: Researching and Pitching Your Idea
- Getting to Know the Competition
- Understanding Your Customers
- Getting the Pricing Right
- Finding Outlets for Your Product
- Researching My Super Idea
- Getting Your Brand Out There
- Writing a Business Plan
- Pitching Your Product
- Pitching to Waitrose
- Creating the Brand
- Super Heroes
- Finding a Factory
- Pitching Again
- Picking Myself Up to Try Again
- Solving the Branding Problem
- Finding a New Factory
- The Final Pitch
- Chapter 5: Launch!
- Chapter 6: Telling a Story
- Chapter 7: Sell, Sell, Sell
- Chapter 8: Love Your Customers
- Chapter 9: Do Good
- Chapter 10: Building a Team
- Chapter 11: Diversify and Grow
- A Handful of Places to Go for Inspiration
- Title: SuperBusiness: How I Started SuperJam from My Gran's Kitchen
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857081421
You might also like
The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
An innovation classic. From Steve Jobs to Jeff Bezos, Clay Christensen’s work continues to underpin today’s …
Better Business, 5/e
Conversational, question and answer approach to contemporary business introduces the business content readers need--in a better …
Consulting on the Inside: An Internal Consultant's Guide to Living and Working Inside Organizations
Consulting on the Inside 2nd Edition) is hands-on, practical guide for those individuals who live and …
Building Your I.T. Career: A Complete Toolkit for a Dynamic Career in Any Economy, Second Edition
Building Your I.T. Career A Complete Toolkit for a Dynamic Career in Any Economy Second Edition …