How to Conquer the Effective Frontier and Drive Improved Value in Global Operations
Growth has slowed. Volatility has increased and the world is more global. Brands are defined by innovation and services. Supply chain excellence matters more than ever. It makes a difference in corporate performance.
One cannot snap their fingers and deliver supply chain success. It happens over the course of many years. It is measured in inches not miles. In this book, the author evaluates the progress of over a hundred companies over the period of 2006-2013.
Success drives value. The effective supply chain makes a difference in winning a war, saving a patient, and driving commerce; but it also makes a difference in a community having clean air, potable water, and a standard of living. Mistakes are hard to overcome. Supply Chain Metrics that Matter tells this story. The book links corporate financials to supply chain maturity. In the book, the author analyzes which metrics matter.
The author Lora M. Cecere is a supply chain researcher as well as an authority in supply chain technology. She helps companies gain first mover advantage. In the book, Cecere provides concrete, actionable steps to align and balance the supply chain to drive value. The book explores the crossover between supply chain efficiency and financial growth with topics such as:
Outlining the metrics that matter, the metrics that don't
Progress in industry sub-segment in improving inventory, cash, productivity and margin
The management techniques that improve performance
Sharing insights on how metrics change as the supply chain matures
The roadmap to improve performance.
Today, supply chains are global and dynamic. They are rapidly evolving. Companies that constantly seek out new solutions and opportunities for improvement drive differentiation. In a market where growth is stalled and many companies are stuck in driving supply chain performance, this book provides a clear, concise framework for a more modern, effective supply chain.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Starting the Journey
- Chapter 2: Managing Metrics on the Effective Frontier
- Chapter 3: Using Value Network Strategies to Move to the Next Level on the Frontier
Chapter 4: A Strategy Session on Managing Value Networks
- Addressing Organizational Tensions
- The Strategy Day
- The Journey: Becoming Market-Driven
- Risk Management: A Catalyst for Driving Balance and Resiliency?
- Can Corporate Social Responsibility Be an Impetus to Drive Alignment and Build Market-Driven Value Networks?
- Sales and Operations Planning to Drive Balance and Resiliency
- Moving to the Next Level of the Effective Frontier
- Chapter 5: What Drives Value in the Value Network?: Industry Progress in Consumer Value Chains
- Chapter 6: What Drives Value in the Value Network?: Industry Progress in the Health-Care Value Chain
- Chapter 7: What Drives Value in the Value Network?: Industry Progress in the Industrial Value Chain
- Chapter 8: What Drives Value in the Value Network?: Industry Progress in the Automotive Value Chain
- Chapter 9: The Smoke Clears
- Appendix: The Methodology
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Supply Chain Metrics that Matter
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118858110
You might also like
A well thought out, fit-for-purpose data strategy is vital to modern data-driven businesses. This book is …
Demand-Driven Forecasting: A Structured Approach to Forecasting, 2nd Edition
An updated new edition of the comprehensive guide to better business forecasting Many companies still look …
Effective Data Storytelling
Master the art and science of data storytelling—with frameworks and techniques to help you craft compelling …
Advancing into Analytics
Data analytics may seem daunting, but if you're an experienced Excel user, you have a unique …