Achieve best practices in supply chain management
Much is being written about global supply chain and sourcing options emerging in today's marketplace. Transforming supply chain management to achieve operations excellence is a mandate for many companies globally. Supply Chain Transformation walks you through this potentially difficult process and gets you started on the journey. Much more than just a how-to book, it's a why-to book that is as compelling for any business person as it is for supply chain management professionals. This book provides an invaluable road map to companies looking to transform their supply chains and organizations to achieve best practice results, beginning with guidance onhow to make the case for change. Change is inevitable; growth is optional.
Includes real world cases and illustrations
Offers a step-by-step road map to transforming your supply chain
Explains how to obtain "senior management" commitment to transformation
Covers sourcing, production, and logistics process integration points with product development, marketing, sales, and finance processes as well as emerging technologies (RFID, Cloud computing, telematics, ERP, GPS/LBS & others)
One of the biggest hurdles to supply chain transformation is overcoming a culture that is resistant to change. Supply Chain Transformation helps you understand the cultural resistance and evaluate where change is needed most, and then develop the game plan for overcoming resistance to achieve best practice results.
Table of Contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Change Is Inevitable, Growth Is Optional
- Chapter 2: Putting the Business in Perspective
- Chapter 3: Market Drivers and the Dynamics of Change
- Chapter 4: Business Structures Are the Levers of Change
Chapter 5: If You're Driven by Demand, You're Probably Being Driven Crazy
- What Are the Demand Creation Structure Process Types?
- Demand Creation Processes Impact Demand Fulfillment Behavior Dramatically
- Guess What? The Forecast Is Wrong, Deal with It
- Forecasting Is as Much about Art as It Is about Science
- Event-Driven Forecasting Is a Best Practice Imperative
- Extend Collaborative Processes to the Customer (and Supplier)
- Chapter 6: Supply Chain Management: A Pipeline of Opportunity
Chapter 7: Okay, We Need Management Commitment; So, How Do We Get It?
- Understanding the Demand Performance Structure
- You Can't Manage What You Can't Measure
- Process Types That Drive the Demand Performance Structure
- What Keeps the CEO and CFO Up at Night?
- How Does Operations (Supply Chain) Excellence Impact the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to Drive Return on Invested Capital?
- Chapter 8: Technology Drives the Waves of Change
Chapter 9: Making the Journey Happen
- We Got Management Commitment, What Do We Do Now?
- Developing an Operating Plan and Creating a Culture for Change
- Benchmarking: Perception versus Reality
- How Do We Eat the Elephant? Identifying Projects and Setting Priorities
- Jump on the Bandwagon: Communicating the Game Plan and Building Operations Support
- Conclusion: Business As Usual Has Been Canceled, Now What?
- About the Author
- Title: Supply Chain Transformation: Practical Roadmap to Best Practice Results
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118421741