Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1069
31.9 WSim in batch mode
As we already mentioned, WTM can run in HIDE, DISPLAY, and INTERACT modes. In the
INTEACT mode WTM displays WSim panels and allows the user to manually change values,
which gives the user more control. In this mode WTM can generate JCL for submitting for
1. Enter the INTERECT command from the WTM main panel to directly switch WTM into the
INTERACT mode, as shown in Figure 31-160, or use any other way to navigate to the
WTM Variables and Options panel and change the value of the Interface Access field.
Figure 31-160 Switching to INTERACT mode
1070 Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools
2. To run a simulation, select option 4 or enter the command run on the WTM main panel, as
shown in Figure 31-161.
Figure 31-161 Run simulation selected
3. Enter the line command X to run the RunFull schedule, as presented in Figure 31-162.
Figure 31-162 Running schedule RunFull
Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1071
4. WTM provides an opportunity to specify names for log data sets. Accept the defaults or
change names if preferred. A completion report is optional, as shown in Figure 31-163.
Figure 31-163 Simulation log names
1072 Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools
5. The next panel is a WSim ISPF interface and not a WTM panel. It would not be displayed
in HIDE mode. DISPLAY mode allows the user to see the panel, and the INTERACT
mode allows the user to work with it. Part 1 is shown in Figure 31-164. The batch run
mode is specified by entering B in the corresponding field.
Figure 31-164 Batch simulation selected
6. Part 2 (scroll down using PF8) is shown in Figure 31-165. Press Enter.
Figure 31-165 Second part of Run simulation panel
Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1073
7. On the next panel, shown in Figure 31-166, the user can modify the JOB card as required
and optionally specify the data set to save the generated JCL. This JCL can later be
resubmitted without going through either WSim or WTM.
Figure 31-166 JOB card for batch simulation
8. The batch job is submitted and WSim displays the message shown in Figure 31-167.
Figure 31-167 Job is submitted
Get Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools (APA, DT, DT with Advanced Facilities, FA, File Export, FM, WS) now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.