Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1075
31.10 Regression test
When preparing for the simulation batch run, since it was not the first time we were running
the RunFull simulation, we specified names for new and baseline simulation logs on the WTM
panel used to specify the names of the log data sets, as shown in Figure 31-163 on
We now compare the results of these two runs and see if there are any differences.
1. Enter the line command 0 to work with the output from the RunFull simulation, as shown in
Figure 31-170 Working with schedule RunFull output
1076 Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools
2. On the WTM Reports panel select option 8 to view the screen compare report, as shown
in Figure 31-171. Press Enter.
Figure 31-171 Viewing screen compare report
3. WTM displays the panel with the names of the log data sets to be compared and where to
put the results, as shown in Figure 31-172. Press Enter.
Figure 31-172 Log data sets to compare
Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1077
4. WTM reports that a difference was found for at least one resource, as shown in
Figure 31-173 Difference found
5. To see it press PF6. Scroll down to see lines 148 and 149. They contain information about
the master and the test runs, as shown in Figure 31-174.
Figure 31-174 Master and test run information
1078 Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools
6. The master (baseline) screens (the corresponding MSGTXT programs) are listed starting
from line 156, as shown in Figure 31-175.
Figure 31-175 Master run records listed
7. Scroll down to line 224. Starting from this line the screens used in the test run are listed,
as shown in Figure 31-176.
Figure 31-176 Test run records listed
Chapter 31. Workload Simulator Test Manager 1079
8. Continue scrolling down. There are differences reported (for more clarity, we passed some
differences found earlier in the report), as shown in Figure 31-177.
Figure 31-177 Differences are reported
9. The captured screens, where differences were found, are also presented at the end of this
Get Supporting On Demand Business Applications with the IBM Problem Determination Tools (APA, DT, DT with Advanced Facilities, FA, File Export, FM, WS) now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.