The internet may be digital, but it carries a very physical cost. From image files to colors to coding languages to servers, the choices we make in our web work can eat up electricity and spit out carbon—and as the internet grows, so does the cost to the environment.
But there’s hope: small, thoughtful changes in design and development can reduce the damage, while also making the web more resilient in the face of a changing climate. In Sustainable Web Design, Tom Greenwood offers a practical path to faster, more carbon-efficient websites that are not only better for the planet, but better for our users.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. What Is Sustainable Web Design?
- Chapter 2. Measuring Our Impact
- Chapter 3. Designing Low-Carbon Websites
- Chapter 4. Sustainable Web Development
- Chapter 5. Green Web Hosting
- Chapter 6. Selling Sustainable Web Design
- Chapter 7. The Internet in a Changing Climate
- About A Book Apart
- About the Author
- Title: Sustainable Web Design
- Release date: February 2021
- Publisher(s): A Book Apart
- ISBN: 9781952616044
You might also like
Python Workout presents 50 exercises that focus on key Python 3 features. In it, expert Python …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Practices of the Python Pro
Practices of the Python Pro teaches you to design and write professional-quality software that’s understandable, maintainable, …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …