This course will take you through three core projects to help you build effective, reactive, and attractive apps with Svelte, demonstrating its intrinsic benefits, including less code and impressive reactivity/state management along the way.
Our first project, a vCard generator app, will demonstrate the modularity and reactivity web applications you can develop with Svelte. We will build reusable and dynamic components that we will later enhance with more advanced features. Sections on animation and transitions are included to make applications look as good as they perform!
Our second project will be a fully functional Kanban board application, similar to Trello. This application will also have effective state management, by making use of stores and other key Svelte features.
Our final application will be based on the previous Kanban board application but making use of Sapper, the official Svelte framework. However, we will build this application with Sapper, the official Svelte framework. We will learn how to create web apps with Sapper and master its most useful features, such as routing and prefetching.
We will also provide an introduction to testing Sapper applications with Cypress, and we finish the course by deploying our application in two different ways: as a static page, and as an SEO-optimized server-side rendered (SSR) application.
What You Will Learn
- Build real-life web applications using Svelte and its associated framework, Sapper
- Create highly reactive and modular Svelte components that are scalable and reusable within one or more web applications
- Explore Svelte’s advanced features that allow us to create and design beautiful and smooth user experiences
- Discover Sapper’s great features such as routing, service workers, code-splitting, single-page applications (SPA) or server-side rendered (SSR) applications optimized for SEO
- Deploy your apps while connecting them to services such as a database or RESTful APIs
- Test Sapper-built applications using Cypress to avoid any regressions
This course is primarily suited for web developers who are familiar with Svelte and want to explore full-length applications in svelte along with sapper.
About The Author
Germán Mené Santa Olaya: Germán Mené Santa Olaya is an engineer and a software developer. He loves programming and building web applications using Svelte and Sapper. These front-end tools allow him to build modern and complete web apps in a modular and approachable way. There are endless possibilities when it comes to web applications, and many frameworks and ways to approach them, but he believes that Svelte makes the process easy and scalable. That is the reason why he believes that it will become a mainstream and widely used tool for front-end web development in years to come.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction and Starting Our First Project
- Chapter 2 : Reactivity and Events
- Chapter 3 : Enhancing Our Application
- Chapter 4 : Transitions, Animations, and Our Second Project
- Chapter 5 : State Management
- Chapter 6 : Sapper Framework
- Chapter 7 : Testing and Deploying Our App
- Title: Svelte.js 3 and Sapper Projects
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800204126
You might also like
Svelte and Sapper in Action
Imagine web apps with fast browser load times that also offer amazing developer productivity and require …
Bootstrap 4: Create Four Real World Projects
If you want to learn how to create modern, appealing, and well-designed websites, this complete Bootstrap …
Building full-stack web applications with Go
Building full stack web applications requires drawing on several big technologies, including database access, HTTP routing, …
Full-Stack React Projects - Second Edition