Sharpen your skills in Swift by designing and deploying seven fully functional applications
About This Book
- Develop a variety of iOS-compatible applications that range from health and fitness to utilities using this project-based handbook
- Discover ways to make the best use of the latest features in Swift to build on a wide array of applications
- Follow step-by-step instructions to create Swift apps oriented for the real world
Who This Book Is For
If you are a competent iOS developer who wants to develop stunning applications with Swift, then this book is for you. Familiarity with Swift programming is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the basics of Xcode and Swift for application development
- Create a Photo Sharing application to capture an image, edit it using different features and share it via social media.
- Develop applications using the WatchKit and exchange data between iPhone and the Watch
- Use advanced features such as SpriteKit to build a game
- Install third-party Swift frameworks to improvise on your application development
- Discover how to simulate home automation with HomeKit
- Build an application to monitor the user's weight, heart rate and the number of steps for Health Historic Analysis
- Manipulate media using AVFoundation framework to merge audio and video.
In this book, you will work through seven different projects to get you hands-on with developing amazing applications for iOS devices.
We start off with a project that teaches you how to build a utility app using Swift. Moving on, we cover the concepts behind developing an entertainment or social networking related application, for example, a small application that helps you to share images, audio, and video files from one device to another. You'll also be guided through create a city information app with customized table views, a reminder app for the Apple Watch, and a game app using SpriteKit.
By the end of this book, you will have the required skillset to develop various types of iOS applications with Swift that can run on different iOS devices. You will also be well versed with complex techniques that can be used to enhance the performance of your applications.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach to help you build apps from scratch and learn the methodology to develop real-time applications using Swift.
Table of contents
Swift 2 Blueprints
- Table of Contents
- Swift 2 Blueprints
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Exploring Xcode
- 2. Creating a City Information App with Customized Table Views
- 3. Creating a Photo Sharing App
4. Simulating Home Automation with HomeKit
- Project overview
- Preparing yourself for HomeKit
- Building view controllers with HomeKit
- 5. Health Analyzing App Using HealthKit
- 6. Creating a Game App Using SpriteKit
- 7. Creating an Apple Watch App
- 8. AVFoundation
- Title: Swift 2 Blueprints
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783980765
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Swift in Depth
Swift in Depth guides you concept by concept through the skills you need to build professional …
Hands-On Design Patterns with Swift
From learning about the most sought-after design patterns to a comprehensive coverage of architectural patterns and …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …