Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Companion Guide (CCNAv7) is the official supplemental textbook for the Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA curriculum. This course describes the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The books features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
* Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
* Key terms: Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
* Glossary: Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 300 terms.
* Summary of Activities and Labs: Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
* Check Your Understanding: Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
How To: Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive Activities: Reinforce your understanding of topics with dozens of exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
Videos: Watch the videos embedded within the online course.
Packet Tracer Activities: Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout the chapters and provided in the accompanying Labs & Study Guide book.
Hands-on Labs: Work through all the course labs and additional Class Activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Labs & Study Guide.
This book is offered exclusively for students enrolled in Cisco Networking Academy courses. It is not designed for independent study or professional certification preparation. Visit netacad.com to learn more about program options and requirements.
CCNA 200-301 Portable Command Guide
31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1
Premium Edition: 9780135792728
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2
Premium Edition: 9780135262719
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Contributing Authors
- Contents at a Glance
- Reader Services
- Command Syntax Conventions
- Figure Credits
- Chapter 1. Basic Device Configuration
- Chapter 2. Switching Concepts
- Chapter 3. VLANs
- Chapter 4. Inter-VLAN Routing
- Chapter 5. STP Concepts
- Chapter 6. EtherChannel
- Chapter 7. DHCPv4
- Chapter 8. SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Chapter 9. FHRP Concepts
- Chapter 10. LAN Security Concepts
- Chapter 11. Switch Security Configuration
- Chapter 12. WLAN Concepts
- Chapter 13. WLAN Configuration
- Chapter 14. Routing Concepts
- Chapter 15. IP Static Routing
- Chapter 16. Troubleshoot Static and Default Routes
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Check Your Understanding” Questions
- Code Snippets
- Title: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- Release date: August 2020
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9780136729471
You might also like
Python Crash Course, 3rd Edition
Python Crash Course is the world's best-selling guide to the Python guide programming language, with over …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Mastering Active Directory - Third Edition
Become an expert at managing enterprise identity infrastructure with Active Directory Domain Services 2022. Purchase of …
Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1, 2/e
A detailed examination of interior routing protocols -- completely updated in a new edition A complete …