T. Rowe Price, the Sage of Baltimore
In 1937, Thomas Rowe Price, Jr. founded an investment company in Baltimore that would become one of the most successful in the world. Today, The T. Rowe Price Group manages over one trillion dollars and services clients around the world. It is among the largest investment firms focused on managing mutual funds and pension accounts. Uniquely trusted and respected, the firm is considered the “gold standard” by many investment advisors.
In this book, Cornelius Bond tells the full story, for the first time, of how Price, a modest and ethical man, built the company bearing his name. From the private, unpublished personal and corporate records, you will get direct access to the creative process behind Price’s highly successful approach to investing.
- Personal insights based on Price’s own writings and the personal experience of the author who worked with him for many years.
- The Growth Stock philosophy as described in the words of the creator and master of this approach.
- Two fund managers who worked closely with Mr. Price reunite to consider the investment environment of the next five to ten years as Price himself might have viewed it.
This book will give you an insider’s access to the true story of Thomas Rowe Price, Jr.
Table of contents
- Part One: THE BEGINNING
- Part Two: HIS OWN BOSS
Part Three: THE SAGE OF BALTIMORE
- Chapter Eleven: NEW OPPORTUNITIES: MUTUAL FUNDS, PENSION PLANS, AND THE LAUNCH OF THE GROWTH STOCK FUND, 1950–1960
- Chapter Twelve: TRANSITIONS, 1960–1968
- Chapter Thirteen: THE UNITED STATES ENTERS A NEW ERA, 1965–1971
- Chapter Fourteen: DARK NEW ERA, 1971–1982
- Chapter Fifteen: THE GRIN DISAPPEARS, 1972–1983
- Part Four: MARKET ANALYSES
- Epilogue: T. Rowe Price Today
- End User License Agreement
- Title: T. Rowe Price
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119531265
You might also like
The New Trading for a Living: Psychology, Discipline, Trading Tools and Systems, Risk Control, Trade Management
The best-selling trading book of all time—updated for the new era The New Trading for a …
Dive into algo trading with step-by-step tutorials and expert insight Machine Trading is a practical guide …
Trading Systems and Methods, + Website, 5th Edition
The ultimate guide to trading systems, fully revised and updated For nearly thirty years, professional and …
Profitable Day and Swing Trading: Using Price / Volume Surges and Pattern Recognition to Catch Big Moves in the Stock Market, + Website
Harry Boxer's proven techniques for short-term traders Written in easy-to-understand language, Profitable Day and Swing Trading …