Chapter 1. Introduction to Microsoft Analysis Services Tabular Mode
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Learning about Microsoft Business Intelligence and SQL Server 2016
- Understanding tabular mode
- Learning what's new in SQL Server 2016 tabular mode
- Importing sample datasets
- Understanding basic concepts
Microsoft continues to add and enhance the business intelligence offerings that are included with SQL Server. With the release of SQL Server 2012, Microsoft added Tabular Mode for Analysis services as a deployment option. Unlike traditional multidimensional Analysis Services models that write to disk and require special model design and implementation, tabular models are created using basic relational data models. Then, ...