8Time Pressures in the “Wired” Workplace
When you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe how technology can affect time management in your personal and professional lives.
• List the technological tools commonly available in today’s workplace.
• Identify the most effective technological tool for a given situation.
• Describe how the use of technology can lead to wasted time.
• List ways to reduce the stress that can result from the use of technology.
Today’s workplace is filled with “time-saving” technology designed to streamline communication, organizational tasks, and research. Yet the very ...