8. Attracting and Retaining the Human Capitalist Investor
• What are “human capitalists?”
• Why do you want them in your organization?
• How can you attract and retain them?
• What role does employment branding play?
Just as human capital is in effect considered “equity” to a corporation, the behavior of talent—or candidates—is more similar to that of an investor than a traditional applicant. The notion of “Organization Man” has given way to disruptors, innovators, and creators.
The label Organization Man described what was, beginning in the 1950s, the quintessence of work in America: an individual, almost always male, who ignored or buried his own identity and goals in the service of a large organization that rewarded his self-denial with a ...