Want to create an iPhone app that truly delights its users? Learn how to go from initial idea to exceptional app with this 8-session video course. You’ll discover how to “think iPhone” as you plan and create app interfaces in tune with the ergonomics, psychology, and culture of an audience on the go. Experienced designers and newcomers alike will learn the techniques and mindset required to craft a tapworthy iPhone app.
Presented by expert developer Josh Clark, author of Tapworthy: Designing Great iPhone Apps (O’Reilly), this course is ideal for everyone involved in the app design process—designers, programmers, managers, marketers, clients—as well as iPhone enthusiasts curious about what goes into a great app. Learn how to use aesthetic, technical, and usability options to create fun and useful user experiences.
- Session 1: Choose app features according to user needs, mobility, and the iPhone’s strict economies of time, attention, and screen space
- Session 2: Design a physical interface that accommodates a user’s fingers and thumbs
- Session 3: Organize your app’s collection of multiple screens by looking at the big picture
- Session 4: Learn best practices and usability gotchas for using the iPhone’s standard controls
- Session 5: Craft your app’s visual identity and style
- Session 6: Design your app icon, launch image, and introductory screen to make a good first impression
- Session 7: Use a broad range of gestures and reinforce them by providing users with cues and feedback
- Session 8: Design iPad apps, based on iPad ergonomics and observed behavior of its users
Once you purchase this video package, you’ll be able to download each session only days after it’s presented live. You’ll also have access to course examples and slide presentations. If you want to participate in these live online sessions—which run for 8 consecutive weeks from January 26 to March 16, 2011—check out the O’Reilly Training Site to register.
Table of Contents
- The Mobile Context
- Designing for Touch
- Organizing Your App
- The Standard Controls
- Crafting a Visual Identity
- Introducing Your App
- Working with Gestures
- The iPad
- Title: Tapworthy iPhone Design and User Experience
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449307776